Can InsuraHome Offer Overseas Property Insurance? – InsuraHome Home Insurance

Posted in General Household Home Insurance, Insurance for unoccupied property, Insurance for European holiday home, Second Homeowners, Overseas Property Insurance on 11 November 2021

Understandably, since the UK left the European Union, there has some concern amongst second homeowners from the UK as to whether they can still obtain suitable home insurance to help protect their property overseas.Understandably, since the UK left the European Union, there has some concern amongst second homeowners from the UK as to whether they can still obtain suitable home insurance to help protect their property overseas.

If you own a holiday or second home in Europe and you are looking to get some financial protection in case the unexpected happens, then you will need specialist overseas property Insurance as a ‘normal’ home insurance policy is unlikely to be suitable for this requirement.

Whilst some home insurance providers are unable to offer this type of policy, InsuraHome Home Insurance are still able to provide homeowners, new and old, with an extensive home insurance policy for those that own a property in a number of countries within Europe.

InsuraHome’s European Holiday Home Insurance has been specifically designed for individuals living in the United Kingdom who own a second property or holiday property in Europe.

What is InsuraHome European Holiday Home Insurance?

Owning a holiday or second property overseas presents unique risks that are different to those covered under a ‘standard’ home insurance policy which you would purchase for your permanent residence. Overseas properties are often left unattended for extended periods of time or are let out for holiday makers on short term lets and are therefore at greater risk of damage, burglary or vandalism during these periods.

(For Information on how to help protect your home from burglary or vandalism, read our article on some possible preventative measures here.)

Accordingly, a specialist overseas home insurance policy is required to provide protection where a normal home insurance policy would not.

InsuraHome European Holiday Home Insurance policies can be adjusted to meet your individual needs, with the ability to provide cover for both buildings and contents, whilst automatically including cover for Legal Expenses. Insurahome European Holiday Home Insurance can help provide your holiday home or overseas holiday let property with the protection you require.

What countries does InsuraHome European Holiday Home Insurance cover?

InsuraHome can provide Second / Holiday Home Insurance specifically for the following European countries: France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and the Republic of Ireland.

Where can I get European Holiday Home insurance?

InsuraHome Home Insurance can help provide cover for you and your Holiday Home from a number of perils such as fire, subsidence, earthquakes (unfortunately, we are unable to provide earthquake cover for properties in Italy whatsoever and earthquake cover is only available for properties in Portugal built prior to 2000) and may be able to offer protection where others may have declined in the past.

Specialist Second Home insurance providers such as InsuraHome offer a range of different policies that may meet your needs, including cover for if you want to rent your property out for holidaymakers on a short-term basis.

  • InsuraHome European Holiday Home Insurance – Key Benefits
  • Cover for Buildings & Contents
  • Cover available for “Clean” Risks, Non-Standard Construction considered.
  • Accidents to Domestic Employees cover e.g. cleaners, housekeepers – up to £10,000,000.
  • Legal Expenses automatically included.
  • And much more.

European Holiday Home or Holiday Let Property Provides Cover for A Number of Perils is included, such as damage caused by:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake*.
  • Storm, flood or weight of snow.
  • Collision by any vehicle or animal.
  • Theft or attempted theft.
  • Falling trees, telegraph poles or lamp-posts.
  • Escape of water from frost or frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus and pipes.
  • And more!

* For properties in Italy or Portugal, we are unable to offer any earthquake cover for properties in Italy whatsoever and also in Portugal where the year of build is prior to 2000.

How do I get an InsuraHome European Holiday Home Quote?

At InsuraHome Home Insurance we aim to provide a first-class customer service experience to ensure you are getting the protection you require.

To get an InsuraHome Holiday Home Insurance quote, download and complete an application form available on our website and email it to

If you would like some assistance when completing your application form, do not hesitate to call our InsuraHome Holiday Home Insurance specialists on 01483 806 900.

This article is for information and entertainment purposes only. It does not constitute advice in any way. The information provided here is correct at the time of writing however please check the latest policy wording here for the latest policy terms, conditions and exclusions.

Other Related News Articles...

- Money Saving Tips for Your Wedding Day

- 4 European City Break Ideas for You to Consider This Autumn

- How to keep your house cool this summer