Standard Household Insurance

Get great value for money Standard Home Insurance today with InsuraHome!

4 Options available including:
Accidental Damage, Gadget Insurance, Legal Expenses Insurance, Home Emergency Cover...see all

Quote Policy Wording
Feefo logo

Why Choose Able2Travel?

  • Specialists in travel insurance for people with existing medical conditions
  • Full Cover available for 1,000s of conditions
  • Instant cover by telephone or quick and easy online screening in a few minutes
  • Great value cover also available for you and everyone travelling with you

Standard Household Insurance

Standard Household Insurance

It may seem a stupid question, but what exactly is Standard Household Insurance? After all people’s homes vary greatly, so just what is Standard Household Insurance?

Standard Household Insurance tends to refer to the fact that it fits within the insurers definition of what a 'Standard' home is and the building fits within the definition of 'standard construction', that is, your home is made of brick, stone or concrete and the roof is tiled, slate, asphalt, metal or concrete (with the roof having a maximum of 25% being flat).

Standard Household Insurance also relies on the fact that it is someone’s main residence and will be occupied at some point during the day. Most Standard Household policies will stipulate a limit of consecutive days a property can be left unoccupied for, for example 30 or 60 days. So, if you know the property is going be unoccupied for longer than this or is a holiday home you might want to find a policy more suitable for these, such as our InsuraHome Unoccupied, UK Holiday Home or European Holiday Home Insurance products.

Similarly, if the property you are looking to insure is a buy-to-let then you may find that our Insurahome Landlord’s policy is more suitable for your needs.

If you are after InsuraHome Standard Home Insurance cover, simply click the link below to request a quote today:

Click Here to Request a Quote >>>

Or speak to an InsuraHome Household Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Click Here for First Time Home Buyers Insurance

To ensure you have the right type of Home Insurance for you, it is important to understand whether or not your property falls into the standard construction category. At InsuraHome, Standard Construction is defined as “Built of brick, stone or concrete with a tile, slate, asphalt, metal or concrete roof (with no more than 25% of the roof being flat).”

If your property falls outside of this definition, then please Click Here to navigate back to our home page and have a look at some of our non-standard home insurance products.

However, if your property does fall into the standard construction category, click the 'Request a Quote link' above to get a quote today!

Do I need Buildings or Contents Insurance or both?

Home insurance is commonly split into distinct types. Buildings Insurance covers damage to the structure and fittings of the building.

Contents Insurance protects the items inside the home. Contents cover includes everything you would pack up if you were moving, so TVs, cutlery and crockery, furniture are all examples of contents. Fitted kitchens, sinks etc are examples of what would be protected under buildings

A buildings and contents policy would cover both of these under one policy.

Be aware that there some common quirks with Home Insurance, for example, damage caused by tv aerials or satellite dishes would be covered under a buildings policy, but the actual aerial or satellite dish would be covered under the contents policy, because they are considered to be a part of the TV they are connected to.

Why would I need a Contents Only Insurance policy?

If you are living in a leasehold property or renting, then you are likely only to require Contents Insurance. This is because the freeholder should have a buildings policy in place, therefore you will likely be looking to try and cover your possessions only.


Click Here to Request a Quote >>>

Or speak to an InsuraHome Household Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Contact Us

If you wish to speak to one of our InsuraHome Home Insurance specialists:
Call: +44 (0) 1483 806 815
(Open 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday, excluding English Public Holidays).

For Claims information, please click here

How do I get an InsuraHome Home Insurance Quote?

At InsuraHome we like to provide you with first class customer service to ensure you are getting the protection you require.

To get an InsuraHome Home Insurance quote click the ‘request a quote’ button and complete the online form and we will get in contact with you to discuss your requirements. Alternatively download and complete an application form located on the ‘Policy Documents’ page and email it to

If you'd prefer to speak to someone, do not hesitate to call our Home Insurance Specialists on +44 (0) 1483 806 815 and we will be happy to provide you with a quote over the phone.

Click Here to Request a Quote >>>

Or speak to an InsuraHome Household Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Why Choose InsuraHome Insurance

InsuraHome features a range of great benefits as standard. InsuraHome also features some great add-ons for you to tailor your policy and so you only pay for the additional cover you need.

  • Loss or Damage caused by Fire, Smoke, Explosion, Lightning or Earthquake
  • Loss or Damage caused by Storm, Hail or Weight of Snow
  • Loss or Damage caused by Flood
  • Loss or Damage caused by the escape of water
  • Cover for Theft or Attempted Theft
  • Facility to transfer any no claims history from a previous insurer
  • A choice of policy excess – £100, £250, £500 or £1,000
  • Covers the cost of alternative accommodation if your property is left uninhabitable due to an insured event
  • Cover in case of Subsidence, Heave or Landslip is available
  • Accidental Damage cover is available
  • Online Policy Documentation
  • We don't store credit card details
  • + Lots more
More InsuraHome Details

Here at InsuraHome, we aim to provide cover when other Home Insurers say no!

What's more, we can provide Home Insurance for Home's that do not fall into the criteria to be termed a 'Standard Household'. So whether it's a Holiday Home in Europe, a property that has a non-standard construction type, or you have challenging personal circumstances, we can offer policies to you.

We review each and every application on a personal, case by case basis, customising your specialist Home Insurance to meet your individual needs! Our highly trained Home Insurance specialists will provide you with a fast, friendly, and professional service at competitive pricing.

Please Note - When purchasing Home Insurance you will be required to provide the rebuild cost of your home to the insurers. If you are unsure of your rebuild cost, please either request a rebuild cost assessment from a chartered surveyor or use the Rebuild Cost Calculator below

Rebuild Cost Calculator

Click Here to Request a Quote >>>

Or speak to an InsuraHome Household Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

House Rebuild Costs

When taking out Home Insurance, you are insuring your house for the cost of rebuilding it to the same standard as it is now, you are not insuring it for its value on the open market. When quoting you for a Home Insurance policy we will ask you for the rebuild cost of your home.

If you are not sure how much it would cost to rebuild your home then you can either have a rebuild cost assessment carried out by a Chartered Surveyor (which some insurers prefer) or you can use the house rebuild cost calculator below.

Rebuild Cost Calculator

How do I get a Quote for Standard Household Insurance?

It’s quick and easy to get a Standard Household Insurance quote.

Just click the ‘Get A Quote’ button to get an online quote for Standard Household Insurance.

Optional Home Insurance Policy Add-OnsIncrease the protection your home insurance policy provides with our policy add-ons.

Accidental Damage
Accidental Damage

Add the Accidental Damage Option to your InsuraHome Home Insurance policy for additional cover for visible damage caused by an event which was unexpected and not intended or designed.

Gadget Insurance
Gadget Insurance

Add the Gadget Insurance Option to your InsuraHome Home Insurance policy for additional cover against theft, accidental damage, or breakdown of your gadgets.

Legal Expenses Insurance
Legal Expenses Insurance

Providing up to £100,000 worth of Legal Expenses cover for advisers' costs for legal actions detailed below.

Home Emergency Cover
Home Emergency Cover

Our Home Emergency Cover provides assistance following an insured emergency listed below, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.