Landlords' Legal Expenses
InsuraHome's Landlord Legal Expenses cover will provide you with cover up to £50,000 for advisers' costs for certain types of legal action(s) when helping you to pursue or defend a claim.
Our Legal Expenses will cover areas such as Tenant Eviction, Criminal Prosecution, Property Infringement, and more!
Be sure to check the Policy Wording for full details on cover limits and exclusions.
What is Covered on InsuraHome's Legal Expenses Insurance?
Below is a brief explanation of what is covered on InsuraHome's Legal Expenses Insurance Policy Add On. However, you should always refer to the InsuraHome's Home Insurance Policy wording for full cover limits, terms, conditions and exclusions.
|What is Covered?
£50 per day, up to 30 days
£20 per day, up to 30 days
The table above is only a summary of cover. You should always refer to the policy wording for full terms, conditions and exclusions.
Tenant Eviction - You are covered for advisers’ costs to pursue legal action against a tenant or guarantor to recover possession of the insured property where the tenant fails to perform his obligations set out in the tenancy agreement relating to the rightful occupation of the insured property.
Property Infringement – Legal action for nuisance or trespass against the person or organisation infringing your legal rights in relation to the insured property.
The nuisance or trespass must have commenced at least 180 days after you first purchased this insurance.
Criminal Prosecution - You are covered for advisers’ costs to defend Criminal Prosecutions brought against you in relation to the insured property under:
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1994;
- The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Amendments Regulations 1993;
- The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994;
and later amending regulations or their equivalent outside of England and Wales but within the
You must take all steps to comply with the Regulations and keep evidence of compliance.
Identity Fraud – In respect of insured events arising from identity fraud, you are covered for advisers’ costs to defend your legal rights and/or take steps to remove County Court Judgments against you that have been obtained by an organisation that you allege to have purchased, hired or leased goods or services from. Cover is only available if you deny having entered into the contract and allege that you
have been the victim of identity fraud.
Tax - Advisers’ costs incurred by you and arising directly from business full enquiries or business aspect enquiries, subject to the following conditions:
- You must have maintained and must continue to maintain accurate, truthful and up to date records and make returns in accordance with statute and account conventions acceptable to HMRC and other agencies, and have made all returns and payments except those which are disputed, and provided information to these bodies where applicable.
- You must contact the Legal Helpline as soon as possible after the insured event and comply with the advice given.
- You or your adviser should notify us as soon as possible if you receive any invitation by HMRC to make an offer in settlement.
- In respect of business full enquiries or business aspect enquiries, your adviser must provide to us a copy of the HMRC notice of enquiry and a copy of the return giving rise to the enquiry.
Hotel Expenses - Hotel Expenses incurred by you, whilst you try to get a possession order for your insured
property so you can live in it, subject to the following conditions:
- You have nowhere else to stay.
- A claim under Tenant Eviction is being pursued.
- Evidence is provided for the costs incurred by you staying in a hotel.
- Cover will cease as soon as possession of the insured property has been gained and
it is in a habitable condition.
Storage Costs - Costs incurred by you to store your household possessions while you are unable to
reoccupy the insured property, subject to the following conditions:
- A claim is being pursued under Hotel Expenses above.
- Evidence is provided for the Storage Costs incurred by you.
How do I get an InsuraHome Home Insurance with Legal Expenses Cover Quote?
It's quick and easy, you don't even need to specify this on your application form. Just remember to ask for this when one of our specialists contacts you with your quote.